Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Orange Cupcakes/Lobster Rolls

My grandparents have an orange tree in their backyard that produces the sweetest oranges, year after year. I only get a box of them once a year and was inspired to create a cupcake using the zest and juice of their oranges. I used my basic white cake recipe and added some orange zest to the cake with a buttercream frosting that also used the zest along with the juice of two oranges. This is my new favorite cupcake! I made some special today to share with Sam Chowder House's Mobile truck. I try to make a point of meeting up with their truck whenever it's near me and I think they know I'm a loyal stalker (err follower) because my lobster roll keeps getting bigger and bigger each time. Look at the amount of lobster they gave me today!

Look at the size of this lobster meat that was overflowing out of my sandwich:


Here are the cupcakes I gave them today:


Here are the ones we kept for ourselves lol:


No comments:

Post a Comment